Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Your Library Director!


Name and title: Olga Conneen, Director of Library Services

Education
: Bachelor's degree in English from Penn State University and Master's degree in Library Science from Rutgers University


Past work experience: Bethlehem Area Public Library -- Coordinator of Youth Services, 20 years; Historic Bethlehem; taught school in the Long Beach and Lynwood (California) School Districts

Professional work activities
: I've been a member of the Pennsylvania Library Association for over 28 years, and have served on the Board of Directors and as president of the organization. I am also a member of the American Library Association, and the Association of College and Research Libraries.


Awards and committees: Spartan Tradition of Excellence Award; served on the Martin Luther King Celebration Committee; co-chaired the Institutional Commitment subcommittee of the Diversity Task Force

Spouse: my husband, John B. Conneen

Other places I've lived: Long Beach, California in the late 1960s, where I taught kindergarten for three years

Fun fact about myself: I want to learn how to surf.

What I'm reading now: Just finished Moral Disorder and Other Stories by Margaret Atwood and have started Murder at Union Station by Margaret Truman.

Favorite author: I'm always trying to read something someone else has recommended, so I don't run through the works of one author. I do, however, like Hemingway and Faulkner.

What I like most about working at the NCC Library: I can honestly say that I enjoy the people I work with, both in the Library and on campus. I couldn't ask for a better Library staff. Their enthusiasm and dedication is remarkable.

No comments: