Thursday, November 6, 2008

Meet Your Library Staff: Acquisitions Department


Name and title: Evonne Loomis, Acquisitions Librarian

Education
: Bachelor of Science degree in Management, East Stroudsburg University; Master of Library Science degree, Clarion University


Past work experience
: Branch manager, Smithfields Library, Eastern Monroe Public Library system; Reference librarian, Pottsville Free Public Library; Volunteer, Northampton County Historical and Genealogical Society; Librarian, Lehigh Valley College


Professional affiliations
: Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA); PaLA Lehigh Valley Chapter, Secretary 2006-2007; American Library Association (ALA); Association of College & Research Libraries


Awards and committees
: Academic Wall of Fame, East Stroudsburg High School; Faculty Senate, Northampton Community College


Spouse
: Rich Loomis


Pets
: My parent's German Shepherd, Gypsy


Other places I've lived
: East Stroudsburg and Grantville, Pennsylvania

Fun fact about myself: The only place that I have ever worked is in a library.

What I'm reading now
: Quilter's Kitchen by Jennifer Chiaverini


Favorite author
: Jennifer Chiaverini


What I like most about working at the NCC Library
: My colleagues!

No comments: